Covid-19 Duty Of Care
The Rathbone Hotel, Fitzrovia Covid-19 Hygiene Commitment and Cancellation Policies
These are challenging times and now, more than ever, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees is our primary concern.
We also understand the need for flexibility when it comes to planning future travel, and we want you to feel confident when booking with us. With that in mind, we would like to update you on the actions we are taking in response to Covid-19 and we hope that our amended cancellation policy below and commitment to Covid -19 sanitisation and cleanliness procedures will give you the confidence to book your accommodation with us.
Please contact us by phone or email prior to your arrival if you have any specific concerns or requirements you wish to bring to our attention
In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Our Cancellation Policy:
Government restrictions on mobility and travel have made the need for flexiblie booking conditions paramount and The Rathbone Hotel has committed to ensuring our customers will enjoy such flexibility during these challenging times.
For Existing Bookings
Existing non-cancelable bookings (made prior to 6 April 2020) for arrivals up to 30th July 2020 can be changed or cancelled free of charge.
Changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
If your booking was made through an online travel agent or third-party travel agent please contact them directly.
For New Bookings
To further our commitment of offering our guests flexibility we have temporarily amended the conditions associated with our discounted rates and for all the offers previously attracting non-cancelable and non-refundable terms and conditions.
Whilst our Best Flexible Rate will still offer full flexibility to change or cancel your reservation up to 24 hrs prior to arrival, all of our other discounted rates will require no deposit up to 5 days prior to arrival and cancellations possible up to 5 days before your stay.
Our commitment to cleanliness
We have always strived to exceed impecable standards of cleanliness. However, COVID 19 has significantly moved the ‘goal posts’. The Rathbone is taking every possible step to ensure your safety. We take great pride in our standards of hygiene, cleanliness & service and have retained industry Health and Safety experts to guide us on the implementation of safety measures and to ensure we are taking every precaution based on the best research and using the latest technology.
On a daily basis, our management team are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance from the WHO and the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene, enhanced cleaning procedures to guest rooms and public areas.
When guest’s check-in to our hotel, they will notice several additions to our cleaning regime designed to address Covid 19 implications of sanitisation as well as modifications to employee-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.
Steps The Rathbone Hotel, Fitzrovia is embracing
Enhanced New Cleaning Technologies:
We already use the highest classification of USA EPA-approved antiviral disinfectants recommended by the CDC and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize and disinfect surfaces throughout hotel. To compliment this, we have now rolled out the use of enhanced technologies at our Hotel including the use of electrostatic sprayers in public and private spaces. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces, with an emphasis on “high-touch” areas including the entrance, reception desk, credit card machines, staircase and hand rails, lobby furnishings/hard surfaces, door handles, lift and public bathrooms.
- We have deployed hand sanitising stations throughout the Hotel.
- To help maintain social distancing requirements, some alterations have been made to adhere to government guidelines.
- Partitioning to provide separation between guests and staff members have been installed on our Reception Desk and Bar counter.
- Signage throughout the hotel reminds both staff and guests to maintain a safe distance.
- All lobby magazines and newspapers for guest use are being removed.
- All areas will also be sanitized and disinfected daily with the use of electrostatic sprayers.
Arrival & Guest Rooms:
- We are reviewing the use of technology to our check-in and check-out experience to reduce contact time between guests and employees.
- All touch points will be cleaned daily with EPA approved hospital grade supplies.
- Your room key will be disinfected and presented safely upon check-in.
- Until further notice, bedroom accessories such as decorative pillows, bed throws, the guest directory, paper notepads and pens are being removed to help minimise risk of contamination.
- We are making available disposable cups for beverages in guest bedrooms.
Food & Beverage:
- While recognizing the importance to many of our guests of our breakfast service, this has necessarily been redesigned for your health and safety, to provide a breakfast offering with, as far as practicable, a selection of individually pre-wrapped items to minimize the potential for contamination.
- The breakfast room will have reduced seating capacity to comply with social distancing requirements.
- ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast boxes along with Room Service will be offered.
- We have adapted our room service menu to minimize food handling requirements.
Express check-out option available for guests, therefore no need to stop by reception to check-out.
Employee Health and Safety Procedures
Hotel employees and their own health, safety and knowledge are essential to an effective cleaning program for our hotel operation. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
- In the spaces where our team work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas which include employee entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices.
- All team members will carry a full set of PPE including a personal bottle of anti-bacterial gel, disposable gloves and a face mask.
- In addition to on-going training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel employees are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Correct and frequent handwashing (following the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines) is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams will be reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Mandatory temperature checks will be carried out at the start of each shift. Employees who have temperatures will be asked to go home.
- Our team will be empowered to stay home if unwell and to communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management.
- All Hotel Managers have been instructed on how to conduct and record efficient checks of safety protocols, including ensuring that PPE is always in place and being used correctly and that our hygiene measures are consistently followed.